trying to be prepared, need "proof..."

Amber
cath,

can you point me in the direction of study(ies) that show that dtap vax, when given with other vaxes, has higher incidence of fever, as we approach my lo's well-visit, i wanted this in hand.  also, does this fact make a difference when giving a booster vrs. initial dose(s)?

also, sent you an email a bit back....did you receive it?

Re: trying to be prepared, need "proof..."

Hi Amber,

sorry, didn't see your mail. I am getting SO much spam these days, it is horrible...

The info regarding the DTaP is only true for PCV7 and DTaP containing vaccines and I have that from the PCV7 package insert. To the best of my knowledge, no other vaccine does that in conjunction with the DTaP. What vaccines were you thinking of getting with the next appointment?

Re: trying to be prepared, need "proof..."

Science Mom
Hi Amber, Catherina is correct and it's just the PCV-7 that has a higher rate of fevers when administered with DTaP.  Although the same is probably the case with PCV-13.  Here is the package insert for PCV-7: http://labeling.pfizer.com/showlabeling.aspx?id=134

SM