customers will get on board with whatever

customers will get on board with whatever

yaya2017
I flew across the country to Portland to experience the Adapt BB, Nike’s new self-lacing, Adidas Superstar Damskie Bluetooth-enabled sneakers, but the guy showing me around campus is wearing a pair of Zoom Flys that refuse to stay tied. Within 10 minutes of tying them, they’re untied again, flailing all over. I hate when people point out my untied Nike Roshe Run Damen shoes, but his feel intentional. Of course I notice the laces. Of course I point them out. He laughs and swears he’s not doing this on purpose, that Nike hasn’t deliberately Adidas NMD Femme set up my visit with a scene out of an infomercial fail.

The Nike Blazer Low Womens Adapt BB — the BB stands for “basketball” — build on Nike’s decades-long dream to create an auto-lacing smart shoe that adapts to wearers’ feet. The company Nike Air Max TN Donne wants to fundamentally change footwear and, of course, sell more shoes.

Imagine: Adidas Ultra Boost Femme your feet swell during a basketball game because you’ve been running back and forth on the court, and your sneakers detect your blood Nike Air Max 2017 Femme pressure. Instead of reaching down and untying your laces, the shoes loosen automatically. Never again will you have Nike Air Presto Mujer to fuss around with your laces because, guess what, your shoes already know what you want to do.“That is the broader Nike Free Run 2.0 Mujer vision, or the biggest dream, that the product becomes so synergistic to your body. It just knows almost kind of what you’re thinking,” says Eric Avar, VP & creative director at Nike Innovation. “It’s a natural extension of your Nike Air Max 95 Damskie body.”

This imaginary, all-knowing shoe doesn’t exist yet. Instead, the Adapt BB represent the next step in that dream product journey. This is the shoe that’ll make Adidas ZX 750 Dames self-lacing technology available to more people and get them used to the idea Nike Air Presto Womens of an app-controlled shoe.The shoes will be available for preorder today, and they will officially go on sale on February 17th at Nike stores, Nike Roshe Run Femme online, and through the SNKRS app for $350.All of the tech that you find in a smartphone is packed inside Nike React Element 87 Mujer this shoe; Nike could easily update the app to start counting steps or tracking fitness.

The Adapt BB are a pair of Nike Roshe Run Femme sneakers, sure, but they’re connected tech, too, which means that if Nike pulls off its goal of making a popular, smart footwear line, we’re going to have to care for our shoes differently than we ever have before. We’ll charge them Nike Air Pegasus 89 Heren wirelessly, update their companion phone apps, and replace their batteries like we’re starting to do with our iPhones. That’s a lot to ask of people, and that’s not even Adidas Superstar Mujer everything Nike needs to accomplish. Beyond fundamentally changing how  we think about shoes, the company has to confront new responsibilities and challenges, like e-waste and tech degradation. The Adapt BB are a big bet Nike Air Max 95 Mujer for Nike, but the company seems confident that customers will get on board with whatever they Nike Air Max 90 Womens sell. (Well, unless they prefer Adidas.)