”The rest of it I don’t have any comment,” B

”The rest of it I don’t have any comment,” B

douhua2233
Joe Mauer didn’t receive any gifts for returning from a lengthy stint on the disabled list.

No Panthers Authentic Jerseys , his reward was an immediate matchup against two-time Cy Young winner Corey Kluber.

”Yeah, welcome back, right?” Mauer said with a laugh.

The six-time All-Star returned to the lineup on Friday after missing 25 games with a strained neck and concussion-like symptoms sustained when he was injured diving for a foul ball last month.

And while facing Kluber might not be an ideal first step back, the struggling Twins, who have one of the league’s weakest offenses, were thrilled to have Mauer back in their lineup.

”It’s good for any manager to have a chance to put a guy like Joe’s name down there,” said manager Paul Molitor, who had Mauer batting first against Kluber in the opener of a three-game series against the AL Central-leading Indians. ”Yeah, he’s in a good place, he’s excited to be here and we welcome him back. Hopefully, he can give us a little bit of a boost.”

The Twins came in seven games under .500 and batting just .238 as a team. They also entered the series with only three runs in the past 19 innings.

That’s not ideal against Kluber Bears Authentic Jerseys , who is 5-0 with a 0.76 ERA against the AL Central this season.

”Obviously, he’s one of the best in the game,” Mauer said. ”That’s the big leagues. You’re going to face the best night in and night out. It’s a tough matchup first game, but the one tomorrow (Carlos Carrasco) is pretty tough, too. I’m just excited to be back.”

Mauer has been symptom-free for a week. He went hitless in 10 at-bats over three games in a rehab stint with Triple-A Rochester, but the three-time batting champion feels ready to go.

”It’s been going good,” said Mauer, who was batting .283 with one homer and 11 RBIs when he got hurt. ”Obviously, I went down there and got in a couple of games and did everything I had to do to get back here. I’m excited to check off those boxes, get a couple of at-bats and play in the field for nine innings.”

Mauer said he didn’t have to make any diving stops in the field at Rochester, and that he won’t alter his game just because of the recent injury.

”My experience is when you try to do that you end up getting hurt Bengals Authentic Jerseys ,” he said. ”I got the full clear to go and I’m excited for that.”.

The Texas Rangers sent rookie left-hander Yohander Mendez back to Triple-A Round Rock on Tuesday for violating team rules.

Mendez was supposed to start Wednesday’s series finale against Kansas City. But right-hander Austin Bibens-Dirkx will get the ball instead.

”It’s not criminal, nothing involving MLB or the police,” general manager Jon Daniels said. ”There will be a program that we’ll work with Yohander on.”

Daniels said at least one other player was involved, but his discipline will be handled in-house.

Second baseman Rougned Odor was scratched from Texas’ lineup for Tuesday’s game against the Royals, but manager Jeff Banister refused to comment on if the benching was related to the incident with Mendez, which took place after Monday night’s 6-3 victory at Kansas City and away from Kauffman Stadium.

Banister said Mendez will have to merit a return to the majors.

”Part of the development of where we are as a club is upholding a certain level of standards for veterans and young players alike,” Daniels said. ”Part of the development process of young players is on the maturity side as well. I’d say that’s kind of where this one falls.”

The 23-year-old Mendez is 0-1 with a 14.73 ERA in two games with the Rangers this season. He made his first major league start Friday against Colorado and was tagged for six runs and seven hits over three innings in a 9-5 loss.

The Valencia, Venezuela native broke into the majors in 2016. He is 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA in 11 career outings.

Bibens-Dirkx was recalled from Round Rock to replace Mendez. He made two starts for Texas earlier this season, going 0-1 with a 6.55 ERA.

”The rest of it I don’t have any comment,” Banister said. ”My messaging to the team is what I say to them as a group. I don’t always need my messaging to come out in print. We are a team. There are things that happened inside the team concept. We’ll continue to put the team first in these types of situations. There are standards we want to live by every day and we want to make sure those standards are held in high regard.”