The award is given to a rookie and a veteran

The award is given to a rookie and a veteran

chenyan94
 that most embody the late running back’s legacy"Being who you thought we were since 2005!Log In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsBearsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Latest NewsThe Bears DenNotesXs and OsSuperfansLatest NewsNewsNotesSmith Pat O’Donnell Jerseys 2019 , Hicks receive Brian Piccolo AwardNew,4commentsThe award is given to a rookie and a veteran that most embody the late running back’s legacyCDTShareTweetShareShareSmith, Hicks receive Brian Piccolo AwardMike DiNovo-USA TODAY SportsThe Chicago Bears announced their annual honorees for the Brian Piccolo Award Tuesday with rookie linebacker Roquan Smith and defensive end Akiem Hicks being named the recipients. As the tweet says, the award goes to the players that best exemplify Piccolo’s courage, loyalty White Sam Acho Jerseys , teamwork, dedication and his sense of humor.The award is voted on by players.Piccolo of course, is a revered player in Bears history. An undrafted rookie in 1965, Piccolo made the team and carved out a role backing up Gale Sayers. Sayers and Piccolo grew close and remained so until Piccolo succumbed to cancer in 1970. Their relationship was immortalized in the film Brian’s Song. His jersey number, 41 Sam Acho Jerseys 2019 , was retired. Hicks is entering his fourth year in Chicago and last year had 7.5 sacks, 12 TFL, 13 QB hits and three FFs.Smith had five sacks, eight TFL, 121 tackles and an interception as a rookie.Head coach Matt Nagy spoke before handing out the award and Ryan Pace will hold his annual pre-draft “say nothing” press conference later White Sherrick McManis Jerseys , which of course we’ll have coverage of right here. On this episode of Bear With Me, Robert combs through the latest news from Bears’ OTAs before recapping notable quotes from Bears100 and discussing the importance of coaching in the NFL today." Latest NewsRoster AnalysisPodcasts/AudioWill Adam Shaheen break out in 2019?New,112commentsOn this episode of Bear With Me, Robert combs through the latest news from Bears’ OTAs before recapping notable quotes from Bears100 and discussing the importance of coaching in the NFL today.CDTWhat’s up Bears fans! On this episode of Bear With Me, I start out by discussing the latest news from OTAs. Who’s playing playing well? Has anyone gotten hurt? [START-12:15]I then cover a few quotes and stories that came out of this weekend’s Bears100 celebration Sherrick McManis Jerseys 2019 , including Pace’s trade for Khalil Mack, the scouting departments’ thoughts on Ha Ha Clinton Dix. and a surprising defensive lineman who’s already caught DC Chuck Pagano’s attention. [12:15-20:30]After that I spend the rest of the episode talking about the importance of head coaching in the NFL, highlighting Bill Belichick as a prime example of what a great coach can do for a team. I also talk about what makes Matt Nagy so good for our offense while answering these three questions (posed by our own Nut_Cracker):What is a “scripted” drive and how does it differ from unscripted drives?Why is only the first drive scripted? Why not subsequent drives?MT10 thrives in scripted drives. Does that mean MT10 is not mature enough to lead and execute on unscripted drives?Give it a listen and let me know what you think!Feedback rocks, so please provide it! Whether positive or negative, I want to make something that you want to listen to. Comments about length White Kyle Fuller Jerseys , content, frankly anything you have an opinion on is welcome. Bear Down, and thanks for Bearing With Me!