Shots in arm or leg?

GeminiMoon42
Are vaccinations typically given in the arm or leg? Does it depend on age? And are there certain immunizations that should always be given in the leg? If so, which ones?

Re: Shots in arm or leg?

Middle Roader
Thus far, my children have always received their shots in the thigh.  DS is 5mo, DD is practically 3yo (though has not had her 3yo appointment yet).  We have had Pentacel, Prevnar, and MMR.  Oh, and my DD got the flu mist this year (in the nose).

I usually get my shots (Tdap & this year flu) in the arm, so I would guess that it is somewhat age dependent.

Re: Shots in arm or leg?

Hi GM,

in non-walking kids, shots are usually given in the thigh and from toddler age, they are given into the upper arm, unless the child is very skinny.