Shots how soon after the flu?

GeminiMoon42
My kids all had the upper respiratory flu recently. My son (2 years, 3 months) is scheduled to get 2 shots tomorrow (polio and pneumococcal). He has been flu and fever free for probably about 7-10 days. He still has a little bit of a runny nose but no cough or any other symptoms. Is this considered well enough to be vaccinated? I am using a new doctor who I really like but have only met once and I know most doctors say kids are almost always well enough for immunization but I would like your opinion(s) as well. Thanks.

Re: Shots how soon after the flu?

Hi again - I would say 7 to 10 days is fine, but ask your doc to look down your DS's throat and check ears and lungs before vaccination, just to make sure. If there is no congestion/redness you should be fine :)

Let us know how it goes