Patrick Mahomes struggled in the first half

Patrick Mahomes struggled in the first half

zhangzk
KANSAS CITY Chris Lindstrom Jersey , Mo. (AP) — and dazzled in the second Sunday night.Nobody knows how he might have fared in overtime.The Chiefs’ young All-Pro threw for 295 yards and three touchdowns against New England, almost all of it after the break, only to watch the extra session from the bench. The Patriots won the coin toss and never gave him a chance, scoring on the only possession they needed to escape with a 37-31 victory in the first AFC championship game ever played at Arrowhead Stadium.“I thought if we got the chance we’d score,” said Mahomes, who instead praised the Patriots’ Tom Brady for converting a trio of third-and-10s to give Rex Burkhead a chance to score the winning TD.“He had a great drive,” Mahomes said. “Big moments, guys made big catches for him.”Mahomes had plenty of big moments in his own right.After a dismal first half in which he was 4 of 8 for 65 yards and three sacks, Mahomes caught fire in the third quarter. He needed just four plays to find Travis Kelce for a touchdown that trimmed a 14-0 deficit in half, then kept slinging the ball in what became a back-and-forth fourth quarter.The Patriots scored two touchdowns. The Chiefs managed three.Mahomes was behind it all, shredding a Patriots defense that had played reasonably well down the stretch this season. He hit Damien Williams with a short TD flip to get within 17-14 early in the fourth quarter, then found his elusive running back again with a 23-yard completion that gave Kansas City its first lead at 21-17 with 7:45 remaining in the game.“They blitzed about every down, played man coverage, and they were able to get home a little bit on some of their games http://www.falconscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-kaleb-mcgary-jersey ,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. “We made a few adjustments at halftime, should have done that earlier — that’s my responsibility. But I’m proud of the way the guys battled back.”But the Patriots kept battling, too.Brady led them the other way, and Sony Michel scored from 10 yards on fourth down, only for the Chiefs’ mop-haired QB to answer with a 38-yard pass to Sammy Watkins that set up Williams’ TD run.Back came the Patriots, who in their eighth consecutive conference championship game showed no sign of nerves. They caught a break when an interception was wiped out by an offside call, and Burkhead’s TD run with 39 seconds left appeared to have given New England a 31-28 victory.Then again, Mahomes long ago proved that 39 seconds can last an eternity.He immediately found running back Spencer Ware for 21 yards, the only meaningful play the backup running back made all game. Then, Mahomes hit Demarcus Robinson for 39 yards to the Patriots 21 with 16 seconds left, giving the Chiefs — without any timeouts — one shot at the end zone.Mahomes wound up throwing it away, and Harrison Butker’s 39-yard field goal forced overtime.By that point the Patriots knew full well the best way to stop Mahomes was to keep him on the bench. So their confidence no doubt soared when they won the coin toss for overtime, and Brady took advantage of the opportunity by finding Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski on their march downfield.Mahomes could only look on as the Patriots ended his dream season.“They challenged us,” he said. “They came up and played man defense. Not a lot of teams did that this year. The first half we struggled Kendall Sheffield Jersey , we couldn’t make much happen. The second half we were up to the challenge, we found ways to win one-on-one matchups.“We gave everything we had,” Mahomes said. “They ended up making more plays at the end.” NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL will stage four games in London and one in Mexico City next season, with the Jaguars, Chargers, Rams, Raiders and Buccaneers serving as hosts.When the games will be played and who the opponents will be won’t be announce until the spring, when the league schedule for 2019 is released.The Jaguars have a deal to play annually in London. The Chargers, Rams and Raiders are considered to be playing in temporary stadiums — the Los Angeles teams will move into a new facility being built in Inglewood that won’t be ready next year — and the Raiders will be leaving Oakland for Las Vegas in 2020.Days after the Chiefs-Rams game scheduled for Azteca Stadium was moved to Los Angeles because of poor field conditions in November, the NFL announced it would be returning to play a regular-season game in Mexico City in 2019.This season had three games at Wembley Stadium in London — one of those was scheduled for Tottenham’s new stadium, but was switched to Wembley because the Spurs’ building was not ready. Previously, the NFL announced that two of the 2019 London games would be at Wembley, the other two at TottenhamEarlier this year, the Seahawks beat the Raiders 27-3 http://www.falconscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-john-cominsky-jersey , the Chargers defeated the Titans 20-19, and the Eagles beat the Jaguars 24-18.The NFL has played regular-season games in London since 2007. It played one in Mexico City in 2005, then not again until 2016 and ’17.“Our league’s global presence continues to grow and expand through the success of the NFL International Series and we look forward to showcasing the Buccaneers organization to an international audience,” said Brian Ford, the team’s chief operating officer.The Bucs agreed to participate in an international game as part of their bid to host the Super Bowl in 2021. They’ve played twice in London, losing to the Patriots in 2009 and Bears in 2011.“I’ve been associated with games out of the country before,” coach Dirk Koetter said, “and when you get to them, I think the players do enjoy that week. Trips are long, usually you’re rewarded on the back end with your bye week. Once you’re over there, it’s football. It’s new and it’s different.”