On Dr. Bob's forum, you ladies would help me dig something up from time to time that wasn't research related. If you'd rather not do that here, I understand!
However....my cat decided to try to chew through my vacuum cord. So, my husband wrapped it in electrical tape. I later realized that, right on the cover, it said "low lead" and I freaked out. I read that the lead in products will often come to the surface, and there's no way I could ever get all of that sticky residue off. It also seems that even if I re-wrapped it with some other tape, wouldn't the lead just come to the surface of that as well?
So now I don't want to vacuum, (well, even less). Do you happen to know how to find out how much lead is in ppm in low lead electrical tape? Is it the same that would be found in everyday electrical cords anyway? Any advice? Getting a new vacuum is not an option, and replacing the cord would be just as expensive apparently. Thanks!
I also have one more question that was touched on with Dr. Bob's forum, albeit off-topic as well.
I am finding conflicting things on whether the mercury in CFL's (tubes) are a powder or a vapor. I know there is some vapor when they are broken, but is there mercury powder in them, or just a gas? Google is confusing me. Thanks again for your research prowess!