Nor does he mind facing the Baltimore Ravens

Nor does he mind facing the Baltimore Ravens

zhangzk
DENVER (AP) — Philip Rivers doesn’t care that the Chargers must hit the road on wild-card weekend despite winning a dozen games http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-quincy-williams-ii-jersey , including a 23-9 nail-biter in Denver on Sunday in which he completed just 14 passes. who thumped the Chargers 22-10 last weekend in Los Angeles.The Chargers have won six straight on the road and went 7-1 away from home with their only road loss coming literally up the road to the Rams back in September.Article continues below ...For their first playoff appearance in five years, the Chargers will face a rejuvenated Ravens team that’s won six of seven under rookie quarterback Lamar Jackson and features the league’s No. 1 defense.“It’s a heck of a challenge,” Rivers said. “I don’t think there was a team that wasn’t going to be a heck of a challenge. … They’re all good. That team outplayed us last week and it will be a new game, new everything. We’ll see who can play the best this time.”Were it not for a last-second loss to the Broncos at home in November, the Chargers would have supplanted the Chiefs as the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs and earned a first-round bye.So, it turns out the Broncos (6-10) were the spoilers even though they lost again Sunday. That’s of no consolation to a franchise careening into another offseason of uncertainty after posting double-digit losses in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1966-67, an ignominy that could cost second-year coach Vance Joseph his job .“I want to come back and make this thing right,” said Joseph, who’s expected to meet with general manager John Elway on Monday morning to learn if he’ll get that opportunity.Joseph acknowledged an 11-21 record isn’t good enough by the Broncos’ standards, “but I think we’ve put a lot of work in. There’s a foundation that’s been laid here that should pay off in the future.”That bedrock, said defensive end Derek Wolfe Ryquell Armstead Jersey , is a never-quit attitude that was on display again Sunday.“V.J., he’s one of my favorite people on this planet. I love that guy with all my heart and I’ve got a lot of respect for him,” Wolfe said, adding that he’d hate to see the Broncos go in search of their fourth coach in six seasons.Rivers was just 14 of 24 for 176 yards and a touchdown and he threw two interceptions in the first quarter, something that’s happened just twice before in Rivers’ 15-year NFL career.“It’s not as good as we want to play, but again, I don’t see any pattern,” Rivers said of the offensive struggles in back-to-back games. “I really don’t buy into patterns or momentums in the games. It hasn’t been as good. I think you look at our collective body of work this year and it’s been good enough to win 12 games.”And the Broncos were bad enough to lose 10.They were done in mostly by their feeble offense that punted on its first drive for the ninth straight game and which managed a mere two touchdowns in its last 34 first-half drives, endangering offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave no matter who’s coaching the team in 2019.Denver’s offense accounted for just nine points — six on fullback Andy Janovich’s first career touchdown and a chip-shot field goal by Brandon McManus.Denver’s offense also accounted for nine points by the Chargers.After Janovich’s first career TD pulled Denver to 14-9 with 10 minutes remaining, cornerback Casey Hayward Jr. stepped in front of rookie receiver Courtland Sutton and picked off the 2-point conversion attempt. He slipped Suttons’ tackle at the goal line and raced 102 yards to give the Chargers a 16-9 lead.Then, Rivers had his only sustained drive, capped by Austin Ekeler’s 1-yard TD run .Rivers’ only TD throw was a 3-yard toss to Mike Williams that made it 14-3 came after Joey Bosa’s fumble recovery at the Denver 16.The Chargers took a 7-3 halftime lead thanks to a defensive touchdown .Keenum hit Royce Freeman with a low screen that he didn’t secure. A hard hit by cornerback Desmond King II to a prone Freeman popped the ball loose http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-gardner-minshew-ii-jersey , and linebacker Kyle Emmanuel scooped it up and ran 11 yards for a 7-0 lead the Chargers would never relinquish.ALL FOR NAUGHTRivers was intercepted twice in the first quarter for just the third time in his 15-year career. However, the Broncos failed to convert interceptions by rookie Isaac Yiadom and Will Parks into points.INJURIES:Chargers: LB Jatavis Brown injured his right ankle tackling Freeman on the final play of the first quarter.Broncos: RT Jared Veldheer (ribs), C Connor McGovern (ankle) and S Darian Stewart (shoulder) all went out in the second half.UP NEXT:Chargers: Head to Baltimore for wild-card weekend.Broncos: Embark on another offseason of change with big questions yet again at coach and QB. Last week: 9-6Official totals in weeks 4-13 against the spread: 62-67-5Home teams shown in in bold.Cincinnati (-6.5) vs. ChicagoThe Bengals are on a short week and coming off a nasty game, but the Bears just lost to the 49ers. Which isn’t good.Pick: Cincinnati (-6.5)Dallas (-3.5) vs. New York GiantsNew coach for the Giants, and Eli Manning is starting again. But the Cowboys are desperate for a win to keep their playoff hopes alive.Pick: Dallas (-3.5)Detroit vs. Tampa BayNobody knows if Matt Stafford is going to play, which is why there’s no line for this game. The Bucs really should have beat Green Bay last week, and I think they make fewer mistakes and get in the win column whether Stafford plays or not.Pick: Tampa BayGreen Bay (-3) vs. Cleveland If the Packers lose to the Browns, it will most likely end their season and everyone’s hopes of seeing Aaron Rodgers play again this year. For as poor as Green Bay’s offense is and how good a matchup this looks for the Browns to possibly get their first win, Brett Hundley prevails.Pick: Green Bay (-3)Indianapolis vs. BuffaloWill Tyrod Taylor play? That is the question here. Also, I looked up ticket prices on StubHub and you can get into this game for $6.Pick: IndianapolisMinnesota (-2.5) vs. Carolina The Vikings are legitimate and Case Keenum proved me wrong last week. Plus, Cam seems to struggle against good defenses.Pick: Minnesota (-2.5)Kansas City (-4) vs. OaklandFour points seems like a whole lot with whatever the Chiefs are doing right now. Five weeks ago, if you would have told me the Raiders would be tied for the division lead Marquise Brown Jersey , I would have called you crazy.Pick: Oakland (+4)Houston (-2.5) vs. San FranciscoTom Savage threw for more than 350 yards last week, and the 49ers aren’t good enough to win two in a row.Pick: Houston (-2.5)New York Jets vs. Denver (EV)Jets have looked lively all season long, which is a major testament to Todd Bowles.Pick: New York JetsTennessee (-3) vs. Arizona Titans are having an incredibly quiet winning stretch (they’ve won 6 of 7), and they’ve done it mostly without having played all that well. I picked them last week to win going away, which they did not. I’ll try it again here.Pick: Tennessee (-3)Los Angeles Chargers (-6) vs. WashingtonEverything is telling me Chargers, but the Redskins always end of playing well out of nowhere in these kinds of games.Pick: Washington (+6)Los Angeles Rams (-2) vs. PhiladelphiaEagles won’t lose two in a row.Philadelphia (+2)Jacksonville (-2.5) vs. SeattleThis line seems like it should be the other way around. I’ll take the bait, and the better QB.Pick: Seattle (+2.5)Pittsburgh (-4.5) vs. BaltimoreAfter everything that has gone on this week, the Steelers want this one more.Pick: Pittsburgh (-4.5)New England (-11) vs. Miami No Gronk here, but against the Dolphins, no problem.Pick: New England (-11)