NVIC propaganda?

welshandgrumpy
On this NVIC page

http://www.vaccine-tlc.org/qv/dtap.html

They show rows for both Aluminium and Aluminium Hydroxide.

Surely the Aluminium is by assay, i.e. the Aluminium in the vaccine is as Aluminium Hydroxide.

It seems to me that adding two lines is a complete misrepresentation, especially with the scary big red question mark.

However I'm not totally sure about it.  Any ideas?

Re: NVIC propaganda?

aiy - my eyes are bleeding. Yes, the red is scare mongering!

I don't see a column where they add the two, but you are right - Pentacel (as an example) contains 1500 µg aluminium phosphate and that contains 300 µg aluminium, so it would be wrong to add the two numbers for an imaginary total. Not that this would mean anything in the first place.

Re: NVIC propaganda?

welshandgrumpy
OK, thanks.

Yeah I had a brief twitter exchange with the author about the areas of the red circles, arguing that he is completely misrepresenting the data by scaling on a row basis, rather than a page (discrete units canonicalised) basis - which would be a lot less scary.  You can guess the response.