More DTaP ?s

Amber
SM and/or Cath,

Thanks for further "entertaining" my concerns.

Based on our previous thread, can you tell me, since my child has already only had Daptacel, why Kinrix does not seem to be indicated for use, as the 4-6 y.o. booster?  Is it something to do with the unknowns/lack of studies?

Right now, I am not that comfortable w/ Pentacel as the booster, due to the extra Hib and the fact we are out of the "age" range.  I almost hate to say, I may just go with Daptacel, if available, and separate IPV jab....the ped is going to *love* me...

Oh, did you see the lastest release study, that hit the U.S. news today, regarding even compliant parents are delaying and/or foregoing vaxes?

Re: More DTaP ?s

Science Mom
Administrator
Amber wrote
SM and/or Cath,

Thanks for further "entertaining" my concerns.

Based on our previous thread, can you tell me, since my child has already only had Daptacel, why Kinrix does not seem to be indicated for use, as the 4-6 y.o. booster?  Is it something to do with the unknowns/lack of studies?
It works perfectly fine as the 4-6 year old booster but since formal clinical studies regarding mixing brands hasn't been done, they can't say that it is perfectly fine.  So yes, it's really just the lack of trials.

Right now, I am not that comfortable w/ Pentacel as the booster, due to the extra Hib and the fact we are out of the "age" range.  I almost hate to say, I may just go with Daptacel, if available, and separate IPV jab....the ped is going to *love* me...
Again, the extra Hib is not a problem at all but you need to feel comfortable and it is technically off-label use so your paed shouldn't have a problem.  Just don't do both jabs in the same leg and know which leg got what.

Oh, did you see the lastest release study, that hit the U.S. news today, regarding even compliant parents are delaying and/or foregoing vaxes?
No I haven't but thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'll go have a look.

SM