I look at it as a great opportunity

zhangzk
In their search for a franchise quarterback Mattias Janmark Jersey , the New York Jets will work out Wyoming’s Josh Allen in the next week and don’t plan to have a private session with Southern California’s Sam Darnold. Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan said Monday at the NFL meetings that the organization has had ”quite a bit of exposure” to Darnold, and bringing in any player for a predraft workout is ”no big shocker.” New York traded up from the sixth overall spot to No. 3. Unlike acting owner Christopher Johnson, who the previous day pretty much affirmed a quarterback would be the choice, Maccagnan wasn’t dropping any hints. ”We acted a little early on it,” Maccagnan said of the deal with Indianapolis that also cost the Jets three second-round picks. ”We felt good about our research, inquired with other teams … three is a position we’re comfortable being in. We feel very good about what may potentially be there at No. 3 and feel we can control our destiny.” The price tag wasn’t too steep, either, Maccagnan emphasized Youth Matthew Tkachuk Jersey , noting the Jets kept their 2019 first-rounder. As for which of the top quarterback prospects the Jets might be targeting – UCLA’s Josh Rosen and Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield are considered the others – Maccagnan was mum. Same with whether Penn State running back Saquon Barkley or North Carolina State defensive end Bradley Chubb, and everyone else in next month’s draft. He did say the Jets spoke with Cleveland about the top spot, but not with their fellow owners of MetLife Stadium, the Giants, concerning the No. 2 position. While the Browns are widely expected to go for a quarterback, new Giants coach Pat Shurmur has thrown his support behind veteran Eli Manning. The Giants also could trade down, lifting a team with quarterback needs above the Jets. Maccagnan isn’t losing sleep over that prospect, though he recognizes the need to find that franchise quarterback. ”Until you acquire that Authentic David Perron Jersey , you are constantly looking to find one,” he said. ”Our focus is to identify and acquire one of those; it may be someone on the roster, or elsewhere.” Currently on the roster are four quarterbacks: journeyman Josh McCown, who comes off a strong year shortened by a broken left hand in December; Teddy Bridgewater, signed in free agency in his comeback from a severe knee injury in Minnesota; and 2017 backups Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. If you see a franchise quarterback in that group, please let Maccagnan know. Maccagnan further explained the Jets’ withdrawal of a contract offer to Ndamukong Suh, the standout (and expensive) defensive tackle cut by Miami this month. Johnson said Sunday it had been rescinded. ”We extended an offer and there was a deadline and it passed,” Maccagnan said. ”We had to determine if we wanted to stay in or pull out and we pulled out. ”He’s a very good player. You watch on tape and he still has the ability to be dominant. We felt good about potentially having him on our roster. It was a one-year contract; we could potentially add him and evaluate it a year from now.” Not committing to Suh helps keep the Jets far under the salary cap heading toward 2019. It’s conceivable they could have more money than any team next offseason Tyler Johnson Jersey , perhaps $100 million in space. ”It’s hard to predict,” Maccagnan said, ”but in every free agency there are good values to be had.” — Patriots head coach Bill Belichick didn’t spend any time talking about Tom Brady on Tuesday, saying he’d only talk about players that are attending the team’s offseason workouts. That group includes Brian Hoyer, who stepped into the role with the first team since rookie Danny Etling is the only other quarterback with the team right now. Belichick said that Hoyer is doing “a great job” and knows the team’s offense “inside and out” after returning to the team last season. Hoyer didn’t get to run the offense during that span and he said Tuesday that he’s enjoying the chance to be in the spot usually occupied by Brady. “For sure. I mean, I look at it as a great opportunity,” Hoyer said, via the team. “Obviously to get to know the guys that were here last year a little bit better and obviously get to know the new guys Patrick Marleau Jersey , too. I鈥檝e been in other places where I鈥檝e been the guy that鈥檚 responsible for leading, being that guy. So, for me, I come out every day and look at it as a great opportunity to get better.” Hoyer was asked if he felt Brady’s absence created any distraction for the team as they go through OTAs. Hoyer said it wasn’t “in any way at all” because he’s just focused on his job, which is an answer that shows he knows more than just the way the offense runs in New England. Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys