How long do immunizations protect you?

GeminiMoon42
I did most of my vaccine research 3-4 years ago and have noticed some changes. I was under the impression that a full set of immunizations for 1 disease gave the person about 10-15 years of protection. Recently my doctor told me the hepatitis B set of immunizations is now believed to give one a lifelong immunity to the disease. This information would alter my decision completely on giving my kids this set of immunizations. So my question is, how long are you protected from a full set of immunizations and does it differ by disease/vaccine. If so, can you tell me which immunizations protect a person for how long? Thanks so much. And thanks for making this forum! I was shocked to see the Dr. Sears forum is gone.