Eagles News: Vikings offensive line has allowed by far the most

Eagles News: Vikings offensive line has allowed by far the most

zhangzk
NFL Week 5 FOX Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles Preview - PFFThe Vikings have had severe problems protecting the quarterback through the first four games of the season. The unit has allowed 81 total pressures Youth Malcolm Jenkins Jersey , by far the most in the NFL, and their 78.9 pass-blocking efficiency rating ranks third-lowest in the league. The Vikings are averaging over 20 pressures allowed per game. During the past two games, the team has surrendered 13 pressures each to Jerry Hughes and Aaron Donald, who now rank tied-for-sixth in terms of most pressures generated in a single game during the PFF era.Vikings writer gives three reasons why the Eagles will win on Sunday - BGNWe don’t know the reason behind why the Vikings’ defense has suddenly fallen to the bottom of the league after being one of the NFL’s best in 2017. The players are the same (mostly), the scheme is the same, but the results have not been. The Eagles were the team that pretty much started the downslide for this defense last season, and they could very well continue that trend on Sunday. We’ll have to keep an eye on the practice report for Friday to see the status of Trae Waynes (who is still not out of the NFL’s concussion protocol), but if he’s out it’s just going to make things worse on that side of the ball for the Vikings.Bleeding Green Nation’s three reasons why the Eagles will lose - Daily NorsemanThe Vikings are quite capable of moving the ball through the air, as evidenced by the fact Minnesota ranks fifth in passing yards per game with 327.2. That’s bad news for an Eagles secondary that’s going through some issues. Eagles starting cornerbacks Jalen Mills and Ronald Darby have been inconsistent at best this season. Now they’re going up against the NFL’s best wide receiver duo in Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs. Not great.The Kist & Solak Show #22: Eagles O vs Vikings D Preview - BGN RadioMichael Kist and Benjamin Solak have you covered with their preview of the Eagles’ offense going up against a once proud Vikings defense that has been a shell of its former self. PLUS Isaac Seumalo is starter now?!Analysis of the Eagles’ sacks allowed through the first four games - PhillyVoiceAnd so, I took a look at all 14 sacks to see what the issues are. What I found was that the Eagles aren’t giving up a lot of sacks because individual players are losing one-on-one battles. They’ve been more related to the inability of the Eagles to pick up blitzes, which is all about recognition and communication, a surprising development given the Eagles’ continuity along the line.So Let It Be Written - Iggles BlitzJust because it gets written in the spring and summer doesn’t mean it will happen. The Vikings looked great on paper, but here they sit at 1-2-1. The biggest shocker is that their defense is struggling. The Vikings were #1 in points and yards allowed last year. They had one of the best 3rd down defenses in the last 50 years. That was a legitimately great defense. Not this year. The Vikings are 21st in points allowed and 20th in yards. The hapless Buffalo Bills scored 27 points on them. Last year the Vikings gave up 27 or more points just twice in the regular season. This year? They have done that three straight weeks. Ouch.Playoff chances for all 32 NFL teams after Week 4 - ESPN In$iderThe Eagles have essentially played half of a really good game this year. Not half as in 30 minutes, but half as in one unit: the defense against Atlanta in Week 1. Take that game out, and their defensive DVOA drops from eighth in the league to 24th. Their offense is 24th on the season, and the special teams are 26th. Not only do the Eagles have to improve, they’ll have to do it against tougher competition: Philadelphia’s schedule so far ranks fifth easiest, but its remaining schedule ranks seventh toughest if we consider only 2018 performance and fourth toughest if we also consider preseason projections. On the other hand, the Eagles have higher odds than the NFC’s other 2-2 teams because there was plenty of evidence going into the season that they were better than this, and we’re still accounting for that preseason forecast in the ratings we use in the simulation. Also, the Eagles are only a half-game behind Washington, and they haven’t played any division games yet.Off The Beat: Hats Off To The Head Coach - PE.comHere’s the real Eureka! moment of this investigation: The Eagles are undefeated at home when Pederson wears a visor (13-0). On the flip side, the Eagles are winless in the two road games he has worn a hat. Here’s a complete record breakdown.The Four Must-See Matchups for NFL Week 5 - The RingerLast year’s two NFC finalists have not quite picked up where they left off: The Eagles are 2-2, and the Vikings are 1-2-1. It would be silly to suggest that either team’s season is done if they lose Sunday, but another defeat would mean they have an especially tough road to get back to where they were in January. A third defeat so early in the season will put the losing team behind in the race for a playoff bye or home-field advantage. It is hard to think of a more dull conference-championship rematch in recent history. It’s concerning that both of these teams seem incapable of doing the things that made them great last season. Last year’s Eagles offense was an efficient machine; it’s now 24th in the NFL in offensive DVOA. In 2017 http://www.eaglesauthorizedshops.com/authentic-brandon-graham-jersey , no team turned the hardest situations in football into positive plays as consistently as the Eagles did. But this year they’ve lost that edge.Why the Eagles remain so loyal to embattled Jalen Mills - InquirerOn one hand, it’s easy to look at the Eagles’ cornerback situation and conclude that Sidney Jones has starting potential on the outside, Mills has experience playing the slot and at safety, and it would be an easy move to make. But Pederson must consider the human element, too, and the long-term ramifications. If Pederson makes a lineup change, it’s not usually for a one-week spark. It’s how the team wants to play. (An exception was Nelson Agholor’s one-week benching in 2016, but that was done to try to give Agholor a chance to catch his breath away from the heat.) The Eagles would still need Mills to be a contributing player. Pederson insisted the Eagles cannot afford to make knee-jerk reactions and must realize the corresponding moving parts. Mills is not the type of player who needs a week away to regain his confidence..Jason Peters’ health, Kirk Cousins in Philadelphia, and more in Roob’s Eagles observations - NBCSPIt’s only Week 5, but Sunday’s game against the Vikings really feels like one of those pivotal games for the Eagles. The Vikings are coming in seeking revenge after getting humiliated 38-7 in last year’s NFC Championship Game. Kirk Cousins has always put up big numbers against the Eagles, especially in Philly. The Eagles’ secondary and offensive line are reeling after Sunday’s loss to the Titans. They’re banged up in several key spots. Their best outside pass rusher, Derek Barnett, is out. And looming after the Vikings and before the bye are a nationally televised Thursday night road game against the Giants, the 2-1 Panthers at home and the 3-1 Jaguars in London. Rough stretch. I still think the Eagles are a playoff team, but a loss Sunday and things could get away from them. We know the 2017 Eagles were tremendous at handling adversity. Can this team do it too? We’ll have a good idea by Thursday evening.Cheat sheet: Lineup changes, numbers and predictions for the Eagles-Vikings matchup - The AthleticThe Eagles are in sub packages nearly 70 percent of the time anyway. Even if they started Jones on the outside in place of Mills, they’d both have to be on the field for most of the game. Many readers have asked about Rasul Douglas, but all I can say is that if the Eagles felt like Douglas would be an upgrade, they’d play him. Douglas flashed but was inconsistent in limited action last year, and the same was true about this year’s preseason. For now, expect the same rotation at cornerback.Jalen Mills takes on bullying, has confidence in defense despite Eagles’ 2-2 start - CBS Sports“I think our confidence is high regardless of our record right now,” he says. “Being 2-2, I think it kind of stirs things up on the team Rodney McLeod Jersey , and when I say stirs things up, I mean in a good way. It gets guys hungry. Some guys are angry. We’ve got guys who block out everything and go into complete focus. Our confidence is super, super high, and we’re ready for this Sunday.”Preview: Eagles host Vikings - KYWThe Eagles are getting ready for Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Vikings at home. KYW Newsradio’s Matt Leon spoke with Brandon Lee Gowton of Bleeding Green Nation about what to look for in this one.Grading the NFL’s 3-1 teams, from the legit (Jaguars) to the ... less legit (Titans) - SB NationWins are wins, and the Titans have three of them, but we have a pretty good idea of who’s more likely to keep winning going forward....Social Media Information:BGN Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageBGN Twitter: Follow @BleedingGreenBGN Manager: Brandon Lee Gowton: Follow @BrandonGowtonBGN Radio Twitter: Follow @BGN_RadioDoug Pederson talks about players who impressed him in Eagles vs. Falcons Fresh off the Philadelphia Eagles earning their first win of the 2018 regular season, head coach Doug Pederson spoke to the media on Friday about some of the offensive concerns and adjustments, and some of the younger guys he was impressed by.Here’s what the not-so-snarky Doug had to say:On Fletcher Cox and his conditioningThe head coach admitted that the entire team looked well-conditioned in the season opener, and that despite the warm and wet conditions, didn’t struggle much.Pederson talked about how Cox is a “tremendous player” and that with the offseason additions of Michael Bennett and Haloti Ngata, combined with Chris Long and the other lineman, there’s a little less pressure on Cox to be in on every snap. Being able to rotate those players will go a long way in keeping them healthy throughout the season.Pederson hasn’t noticed any real difference in the player since he was voted a captain by him teammates, but that it’s indicative of where Cox is in his career and what he means to the Eagles locker room.He also lauded Cox for showing up throughout the offseason program and showing his commitment to the team by being present. Pederson also talked about the defender’s work ethic during training camp, and that it’s rare for him to take any plays or days off unless the head coach specifically gives them to him.On the run gamePederson talked about running back Jay Ajayi’s slow start in Week 1, but that it was the team’s intention to ease him into the game given his lower body injury earlier in training camp. Ajayi found a rhythm and was the featured back in the second half, with the head coach saying “it was encouraging to see” and that Ajayi finishing the game healthy was a big deal.Pederson was asked about the workload of RB Corey Clement, but the head coach admitted they have to be careful giving the young player too many touches. He pointed out that Clement is also super valuable on special teams, and they need him to stay healthy for more than just offensive production.Similarly, last night’s effort by Darren Sproles might be the most action we see from him in one game this season, with Pederson talking about using the veteran in specific sets and in certain downs. He also referenced that Jay Ajayi is moreso the workhorse for the RB rotation, and that Sproles has a specific set of skills.While the plan as of now is a running back by committee approach, Pederson also admitted that it’s his job as the play caller to a be a little more patient with establishing the run game.On specific players and injuriesJason Peters wasn’t injured during Thursday's game, but coming back from injury was a little fatigued at the end of the game, so they brought him out. But no new injury. Pederson was happy with Peter’s performance Authentic Lane Johnson Jersey , saying he was “quick off the ball, pass protection was good”.Jason Kelce had a lower body injury early on in the game, but went up to Pederson and told him he was ready to go coming out of the half.He also pointed out two linebackers, Kamu Grugier-Hill and Nate Gerry, who he said were specifically two young guys making plays for the team, and not just on defense but on special teams as well.On the “Philly Philly” play Pederson talked about how the play from last night’s season opener was very different from the one the team ran in the Super Bowl — despite both resulting in a catch for Nick Foles. He explained that it was different than the Philly Special, and they are two completely different plays and different formations.The play from Thursday night’s game was based off a similar play the Patriots tried during the Super Bowl, but Pederson said they introduced it to the Eagles team during OTAs.Pederson said that that type of play calling serves two purposes, not only did he think it would be effective, but it was also “a spark for the offense” that they needed.On penaltiesThere were 26 total flags thrown last night, but Pederson said they were pretty much all warranted. He did make note, “I think the one that was a little crazy was the punt we had, there was some confusion on the jersey number” and on the actual penalty call. He said they were petition for some explanation from the league to get that sorted out.Other than that, he said it’s just a matter of coaching up some of the other areas that seemed to be a problem, like Kelce’s holding call, and the pre-snap lining up offsides by Derek, but that those are all things the coaches can fix.On rookie TE Dallas GoedertPederson didn’t throw around a ton of compliments for his first-year tight end, and said Goedert’s first game was “pretty good, ok”. He talked about how the TE would probably like to get the pass over the middle back and that he’ll need to start making those catches in traffic — but those are things they can coach up.He said it was encouraging that Goedert handled himself well in that type of playoff-like atmosphere, and noted that as the TE gets more comfortable, they’ll work him into the scheme a bit more, especially in the red zone. He’s a huge target and someone the coaches can make very valuable in scoring situations