Dr. Bob's forum is gone!

NEMommy
I just wanted to send you both a big thank you.

When I had my first child, I knew I wanted to split up the pokes a bit and found Dr. Bob's message board.

Had it not been for you both on that forum, I am sure I would have been scared to death of the vaccine process, like so many on there obviously are.  Thank you for your science, your compassion, and your level heads. I know it helped many people, way beyond those who ever posted, to see the practical side of things.

I really believe that there has to be some middle ground.  I don't believe everyone should have to follow the standard vaccine schedule, but I also believe vaccines are important. Dr. Bob never seemed to answer much forthright:  it was always "it's your decision, weigh the risks". Well, as parents that's what we're always doing, we're just looking for some guidance here. Those statements don't help much.

I'm going off on a tangent, sorry about that!  Just wanted to thank you for the help over the last 3 years.

Re: Dr. Bob's forum is gone!

Oh - Thank you, NEMommy! That is exactly what I was trying to do and I am really glad to hear that it worked for you. Feel free to come here if you have any more questions.

Have a great Sunday :)

Re: Dr. Bob's forum is gone!

Science Mom
Hello NEMommy, Thank you for your lovely words.  I'm so glad that you were able to get through the 'vaccine thing' pretty unscathed and you were always so helpful to other mums who are in your position.  I had a feeling Bob's forum wasn't long for this world as he was increasingly attracting more negative attention for himself and he doesn't like negative attention.

Cheers, SM

Re: Dr. Bob's forum is gone!

Middle Roader
Ditto.  Personally I thought his book was fairly balanced (at least it was the most balanced book at my library), but as I was coming to see on the board, Dr Bob himself is a lot more anti-vax.  Would you guys mind doing a series of posts on the different vaxes and your opinions (with research where applicable) on each vax.  For example, from reading on Dr Bob's board, I get the impression that SM is not big on mass varicella vaxing.

Thanks guys!!

Re: Dr. Bob's forum is gone!

Hi Middle Roader,

we had been planning to do such a series, so we might as well revisit this now. I think ScienceMom would be the best to deal with chicken pox and PCV. I have been thinking about a DTaP and Swedish vs US schedule one for a while. It when you want to back everything up with the papers that it takes some time, but I will do that one.

Stick around :)

Re: Dr. Bob's forum is gone!

Middle Roader
It doesn't have to have the backing, at least not right off.  It just helps to know that there is science behind the thought.

Re: Dr. Bob's forum is gone!

NEMommy
That would be so helpful!  I agree with middleroader--you could add the research gradually.  I'm especially interested in the different vaccine schedules.

Re: Dr. Bob's forum is gone!

It is written, but with too many xx's - will fill the blanks and post tomorrow night. I should have saved all those posts on Bob Sears' board, I had had all numbers and links there, pout...