6 yr old boosters

one more time
hi,

my ds *should* have at least one booster, deep sigh, and need a little advice.  i do not believe in the either the flu or hep b series.  assuming ds is current on whooping cough vax, as i keep reading about outbreaks, should i proceed with mmr or varivax?  i will not consider pro-quad to due higher incidences of fever, so it will be one or the other.

in case of wondering, i have my ds with religious exemption at school, so i can preceed with what and how i am most comfortable.

a prompt response will be greatly apprectiated as the visit is quickly approaching.  thank you for your time.

Re: 6 yr old boosters

Hi and welcome to the board.

It would be really helpful to know which vaccine your son has had when, too advise which one to get next. Has he had his first MMR? Has he had his first Varivax? If yes, you can go ahead with the ProQuad, because it is alright as a booster (more fever/febrile seizures have been observed only after the first ProQuad). If he has not had the MMR - get that. If he has had MMR, but not Varivax, I would get the Varivax now, since chicken pox still occurs more frequently than measles. MMR and Varivax need to be given either on the same day or at least 4 weeks apart.

I can say something about dTaP boosters if you let me know which shots he has had when.

Hope that helps - let us know what you decide!