2011 flu vax

Lesha
Hi Catherina and Science Mom!
I was wondering what you are both doing with your own families regarding this year's flu shot, since it is a repeat of last year's vaccine.  We did the shots last year and the year before.  I thought immunity wasn't lost, but rather we get new flu shots because the virus mutates.  Since the shot is the same, is it worth doing?  Catherina, are you getting it for your kids?

Thanks!

Re: 2011 flu vax

Hi Lesha,

we are totally getting it, because we didn't last year (my mum was terminally ill and I just could not find the energy to make the appointment) and we got the flu to show for it (strain not determined, hence the vaccine). I have previously skipped a year when the flu shot stayed unchanged.

Does that help?

Re: 2011 flu vax

Lesha
Thanks Catherina.  I hope you are well! :)